With his skill set at the position, he could become a solid player in the Michigan offense. I spoke with him to see where he is at with his recruiting.
- On recruiting, top schools, cutting down lists, etc.: "I'm still open to everybody right now. I'm continuing to stay in touch with all of the schools that have offered. Right now I do not have any visit dates scheduled so I am trying to figure those all out still."
- On potential timeline for commitment: "That's another thing I'm unsure about. I'm just going to decide when I feel I'm ready. When I've learned all I need to know and have built that great relationship with the coaches and feel comfortable with everything is when ill make the decision."
- On receiving Michigan offer: "It was pretty awesome and humbling. For a school with such great tradition and history to be interested in me is pretty remarkable."
- How he fits with Michigan: "I think I'd fit very nicely into their scheme. The coaches have showed me film of how they used to use their TE at San Diego State and I saw myself being able to do those things as well."
- What he is looking for in a school: "First and foremost is the education. My dream is to play in the NFL but if that doesn't work out I'd love to have a meaningful degree from a great school. The kind of kids the school recruits is huge for me as well. I want to know that the kids they are recruiting are good kids and are the kind of guys I want to be in the locker room with. I also want to build good relationships with the staff."
- On contact with coaching staff: "I know a couple of the coaches have been in and out of school these past couple weeks but I haven't been able to talk to them. I met the whole staff when I visited last summer. The next time ill meet with them is when I take another visit I guess."
As always, I will continue to monitor Weishar's recruitment and will let you all know if there are any further updates.