O'Connor recently reclassified as a 2014 quarterback when he transferred to the prestigious IMG Academy in Florida.
I spoke with O'Connor to catch up on his recruitment and where Michigan stands with him:
- On his recruitment: "It's been going well. It's starting to pick up now that I have reclassified and started working with coach Weinke. Some schools have informed me they will be down soon to come see me, so that's all good."
- On IMG Academy: "Well first off at IMG our high school football team is treated like a college program in terms of just the amount of time dedicated to football. I believe I will be more prepared than someone else. We train Monday through Friday for half the day so I think it will get me both physically and mentally prepared for college. I also believe the coaching here is second to none with all the experience that our coaching staff has had. Finally, I believe it's the greatest environment for a student athlete. I mean, I'm training right next to people like Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson, Montee Ball, and Manti Te'o. It's something you don't get anywhere else. For example, Ryan Tannehill dropped by the other day. Just being in this environment is something special. I just plan on being a sponge for the next year and soak up all the knowledge that I can.
- On potential visit by Michigan coaches: He says that coach Borges plans on meeting him in the next week or so.
- On how Michigan fits with him, and how an offer will effect his recruitment: "With their QB situation right now, Michigan would be a good fit I think. They would definitely be up there if they end up offering."
- On his top schools: Vanderbilt and Michigan State are his leaders.
I'll be keeping in touch with O'Connor throughout his process and will definitely keep you all posted.